- The teaching programme will run from September until July. It will consist of 10 curriculum topics which will be repeated twice in a one month period (approximately).
- It is the trainee's responsibility to check the timetable and confirm availability with their hospital department or GP practice before booking a place with the GP Office. Please liaise with your ST colleagues and rota organisers to share opportunities equally.
- Attendance numbers at each session will be capped with priority given to trainees in a hospital placement.
- If there is availability trainees in a GP placement may attend twice in one month if agreed with the practice.
- All trainees to sign up in advance to show a presentation (based on listed curriculum topics). Further information about what is expected from a presentation can be found in the document below.
- There is the expectation that trainees are to reach a minimum of 70% attendance based on 10 teaching sessions overall each academic year. Pro-rata for LTFT trainees.
- Additional Topic Teaching sessions will be held approximately once a month. Attendance for all ST1s and ST2s is strongly encouraged and mandatory for all ST3s to attend. Some Topic Teaching is organised on our behalf by BGPERT, our external education provider. https://www.bathgped.co.uk/
- Regular teaching reminders will be sent out (please plan ahead).
- If you find you cannot attend please let the GP Office know as a courtesy.
- If you do not complete the Survey Monkey online feedback your attendance will not be recorded.
- Regular checks of teaching attendance will be made, especially around 6 month review and ARCP periods.
- If it is on the teaching timetable an Accent study leave application does not need to be submitted.
- Virtual teaching sessions will not be recorded unless otherwise advised.
GPST REMOTE TEACHING RULES
ST2 TEACHING GUIDANCE