Teaching structure for Bath GP Trainees
ST1 & ST2 in hospital posts
- Two year rolling programme. Most sessions held in the PGMC, usually on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday morning of the month.
- Year one teaching programme will consist of 10 curriculum group work topics per 6 months these will be repeated for the following 6 months.
- Year two teaching programme will consist of 10 different curriculum group work topics and delivered as per the above.
- Trainees are to aspire to attend 10 teaching sessions each academic year with a minimum of 70% to allow for leave and rota issues. Pro-rata for LTFT trainees.
- Additional non-mandatory teaching sessions (Topic Teaching) will be held approximately once a month. Topics will vary over the two year programme.
- It is the trainee's responsibility to check the timetable and confirm availability with their hospital department before booking a place with the GP Office. There are 20 places available for each teaching session.
- Regular teaching reminders will be sent out (please plan ahead!).
- If you find you cannot attend please let the GP Office know as there may be a waiting list.
- If you do not sign the register your attendance will not be recorded.
- Regular checks of teaching attendance will be made, especially around 6 month review and ARCP periods.
- If it is on the teaching timetable an on-line study leave application does not need to be submitted.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Register in advance, no latecomers, bleep free, complete the feedback.
Additional information for ST2 in hospital posts
- Trainees to sign up in advance to show a presentation (based on listed curriculum topic) and provide cakes.