Teaching structure for Bath GP Trainees
ST1 & ST2 in hospital posts
- Two year rolling programme.
- Year one teaching programme will consist of 10 curriculum group work topics per 6 months these will be repeated for the following 6 months.
- Year two teaching programme will consist of 10 different curriculum group work topics and delivered as per the above.
- Trainees are to aspire to attend 10 teaching sessions each academic year with a minimum of 70% to allow for leave and rota issues. Pro-rata for LTFT trainees.
- Additional non-mandatory teaching sessions (Topic Teaching) will be held approximately once a month. Topics will vary over the two year programme. Some Topic Teaching is organised on our behalf by BGPERT, our external education provider. https://www.bathgped.co.uk/
- It is the trainee's responsibility to check the timetable and confirm availability with their hospital department before booking a place with the GP Office.
- Regular teaching reminders will be sent out (please plan ahead).
- If you find you cannot attend please let the GP Office know as a courtesy.
- If you do not complete the online feedback your attendance will not be recorded.
- Regular checks of teaching attendance will be made, especially around 6 month review and ARCP periods.
- If it is on the teaching timetable an on-line study leave application does not need to be submitted.
- Zoom teaching sessions will not be recorded unless otherwise advised.
PLEASE REMEMBER: Register in advance, no latecomers, and complete the feedback.
Additional information for ST2 in hospital posts
- Trainees to sign up in advance to show a presentation (based on listed curriculum topic).